MLM is an interactive music introduction course for children aged 3 -6 yrs that helps in forming the basic foundations of music. The course takes the children on a musical adventure with the help of stories and various characters, helping them to hone skills like listening and comprehension , coordination , rhythm sense , motor skills , verbal clarity , correct intonation and musicality.
MLM develops general musicianship skills in the following :
Listening : In this course children listen to classical , traditional folk and other music specially composed for the lessons. The children are invited to move in creative ad structured ways and to engage in other activities such as colouring pages while listening.
Singing : Singing plays an important Role in early childhood music learning.This course uses different types of songs: traditional children songs for interest & motivation , songs with words & movements to reinforce rhythm , melody and other music concepts.
Playing Instruments: Playing percussion instruments is exciting for children. The colours of the various instruments (wooden clicking sounds, metal ringing sounds, thick drumming sounds) heighten the awareness of musical qualities and patterns. Since a percussion instrument is an extension of the body, children need to experience movement activities to prepare them to play the instruments.
Movement : this develops large motor coordination. By moving to steady rhythm patterns , it re-energizes children for increased concentration on all activities.
This course will develop music reading concepts and vocabulary.
Reasons for Music in the Early Childhood Classroom
The influences of music go far beyond the intellectual and physical development of a child. Music experiences contribute to the growth of well-balanced children in sensitivity, expressiveness, and the spirit essential for functioning in a complicated world. Learning about music in a classroom setting provides growth for children in other areas as well:
1. Sharing: Learning to share materials and to take turns in music activities, such as playing instruments, helps to reinforce patience and respect for others in the group.
2. Confidence and Poise: Music making offers children a chance to perform with and for others, and to develop confidence in their ability to make presentations for groups.
3. Perseverance and Commitment: As children become more skilled in singing, moving and playing instruments, they can see and hear the results of their efforts.
4. Friendships: Music activities often require interaction with peers in the class, which helps develop positive relationships among children.
5. Coordination: The many movement activities associated with music experiences develop both small muscles and large muscles. The awareness of internal steady pulse, coordinated with external movements, helps children regulate their behavior.
6. Self-respect and Satisfaction: As musical skills develop, children feel a strong sense of satisfaction in their progress and develop a feeling of self-respect that transfers to other situations in life.
7. Creativity and Self-expression: Music experiences often invite individual creative responses and encourage children’s imagination in other creative endeavors.
8. Pride in Achievement: Sharing music with peers and family reinforces the value of each child in the classroom, and children develop a sense of pride in their musical achievements.
9. Concentration and Problem-solving: Learning about music requires concentration and focus. When children are asked to analyze, compare and contrast sounds, they are actively engaged in problem-solving experiences.
10. Fun and Relaxation: Singing, moving, playing instruments and listening to music are all enjoyable experiences. Music making can provide hours of personal entertainment and relaxation throughout one’s entire life.
Call 9830379166 to register now !